Alan Dworsky – A Rhythmic Vocabulary
Alan Dworsky A Rhythmic Vocabulary PDF + Mp3 CD download. A Musician’s Guide to Understanding and Improvising With Rhythm. This book is a road map to rhythm for any musician. It’s for guitar players intrigued by the rhythms of world music. It’s for keyboard players who’ve studied scales and chords and now want to study rhythm in a systematic way. It’s for drummers, bass players, and sax players who want to groove and solo with a deeper understanding of rhythmic structure. Whatever your instrument, if you want to play funkier and don’t mind using your head to do it, this book is for you.
This step-by-step comprehensive course includes:
- hundreds of patterns drawn from African and Afro-Cuban rhythms explained and organized according to their structures;
- Rhythmic concepts and techniques you can use to create your own patterns;
- Bite-sized lessons arranged in order of difficulty;
- Easy-to-read charts that even non-musicians can understand;
- A CD that creates a realistic, three-dimensional rhythmic context for you to practice in;
- Exercises to reinforce your understanding and help you build on what you’re learning;
- and a chapter on rhythm walking – a fun way to create rhythms with your whole body while you walk.
All you need are way to play the included CD and something to make sound with – an instrument, your voice, a drum, or a tabletop. You always have to worry about falling into the trap of laying out on the same rhythms all the time. This book will give you a kick in the pants though. Afro-Cuban/Latin and African rhythms are the focus here but you can use this on anything.
Format: PDF + CD Mp3 tracks. 360 pagesDownload Alan Dworsky – A Rhythmic Vocabulary PDF free and other books from our site. Only high quality PDF scans. Please write a review, it's important for our community.