Barry Galbraith Guitar Solos Volume 2
Barry Galbraith Guitar Solos Volume 2 PDF + Mp3 CD download. This is the second volume of thirteen standards arranged for solo guitar by Barry Galbraith. These elegant arrangements were originally penned by Galbraith for his private students, and served to help them get their reading chops together as well as to learn the chord-melody style of guitar. Facilitating the learning experience, all chord symbols, left-hand fingering, and tablature are included. There is also a companion CD recorded by John Purse. Appropriate for the intermediate to advanced guitarist.
They arrangements are fully annotated – with tab for complete fingering and complete chord names. Fingerings are very playable and natural and it is easy to give the music relaxed feel – one thing that is immediately obvious when you start playing these arrangements is how good they sound on a guitar. They are obviously done by musician with deep knowledge of the instrument. They are perfect as relaxed, solo repertoire pieces and they will add many useful phrases to your chord-melody vocabulary. Highly recommended for jazz guitarists and perhaps even classical players.
Book one and book two are both excellent books for use as Solo heads or in trio guitar format. The standards are treated respectfully and the chord substitution choices are musical and intelligent. Many songs are in original keys which make it easy to compare to original changes for study purposes. The music is very well notated, easy to read, and most are easy to learn and play for intermediate and advanced players. Remember these were written many years ago and may not be quite as “hip” as some of the newer treatments but they are certainly worth checking out.
- A Certain Smile – Sammy Fain and Paul Francis Webster
- Come Rain or Come Shine – Harold Arlen
- Here’s that Rainy Day – Jimmy Van Heusen
- How About You? – Burton Lane
- I Cover the Waterfront – John Green
- I’ve Grown Accustomed to Her Face – Frederick Loewe
- Imagination – Jimmy Van Heusen
- Last Night When We Were Young – Harold Arlen
- Love Walked In – George and Ira Gershwin
- Our Love is Here to Stay – George adn Ira Gershwin
- Satin Doll – Johnny Mercer, Duke Ellington and Billy Strayhorn
- Somebody Loves Me – George Gershwin
- Yesterdays – Jerome Kern
Format: PDF + CD Mp3 tracks. 41 pagesDownload Barry Galbraith Guitar Solos Volume 2 PDF free and other books from our site. Only high quality PDF scans. Please write a review, it's important for our community.