Bruce Bishop – Fretboard Harmony
Bruce Bishop Fretboard Harmony PDF download. Fretboard Harmony by Bruce Bishop is a book that provides an approach to modern harmonic relationships that is unique to the guitar, creating the foundation necessary for a complete understanding of music theory as it relates to the guitar fingerboard. Designed for the elementary and intermediate player, this book does not require the ability to sight-read.
The book is divided into two sections: text and workbook. The text section is presented with a minimum of verbiage, the workbook section is comprised of simple exercises designed to promote assimilation and utilization of the information provided in the text.
- Sharps, flats and enharmonics
- symmetrical scales and technique exercises
- the five pentatonic scale patterns
- the “relative minor” relationship
- pattern movements within I, IV, V progressions
- intervals and their symbols
- the fretboard geometry of intervals
- the major scale and its role in present-day music
- chords, chord progressions and chord substitutions
- chord inversions
- 15 common major-scale-type chord progressions
- 45 real-world, usable chords diagrammed and explained
- the five major scale patterns
- root positions of the five major scale patterns
- detailed presentations and analyses of three songs
- the “D” tuning, with diagrams of 40 practical chords
- line progressions, diagrammed and explained
- passing chords, ascending and descending
- contrasting major and minor keys
- understanding minor progressions
- and commonly used chord types in minor progressions
It is recommended that players practice and study at least one hour per day to reap the maximum benefits from this book.
Format: PDF, 248 pagesDownload Bruce Bishop – Fretboard Harmony PDF free and other books from our site. Only high quality PDF scans. Please write a review, it's important for our community.